Wednesday, December 8, 2010

it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Footie jammie time that is. The weather has finally cooled down to where it's legal to bust these adorable, matching (why of course!), sleepwear out. And so we trekked to Carter's outlet and stocked up on some new, cozy, footed jammies.


It all started a few nights ago - it was chilly and I slipped Max in our sole pair of footies that still fit either munchkin. Mason saw them and the questions started coming. "Where are my jammies with feets like that?" "Am I too big for feet pjs now? I'm growing up so fast". The jammies Max was sporting were actually Mason's oldies, so yes, Mase, you're growing, so fast. He was really bummed that he didn't have any and I felt really guilty that I'd assumed he was too big and would refuse to wear them.At Carter's I grabbed a few different patterns, but kept holding them up out in front of me to look at. They looked so big and silly and I'll admit I tried to convince him in to some two piece sets that seemed like they were geared toward bigger kids. He wasn't buying it. Every time I said "How about these?" he quickly replied with "do they have the feet". So I caved I bought jammies with feet for my almost four year old. A four year old in footies? Of course. 4T footies, coming right up.

He was so excited last night to take his bath and zip up in his pair "just ilke Max's". He was thrilled to show Michael his new pj's with FEET. I have to admit after seeing how cozy they were all bundled up together on the couch, I was wondering if maybe they made maternity footies. Then I snapped back to reality.


They were both so enthralled with these enchanting sleepers. I knew the minute Mase flashed me his cheeser grin, that the 4T footies were the best purchase this season. It's the most wonderful time of the year - footie time.

No comments:

Post a Comment