1. I really didn't want to "overdo" Christmas for the boys this year. I had plans to stick to minimal gifts; I even tossed around the idea of the 'a want', 'a need' & 'a read' type of gifts. It's not that I don't love gifts. I really do. I actually prefer GIVING gifts then getting them also. Especially for my kids. Except you see, my kids don't even play with toys. They would rather play with an old flashlight, vintage harmonica and a random measuring tape. Not real toys. We actually have bins full, they overflow. It's sickening. And most of them aren't ever touched. So when I walk up and down the aisles of Toys R Us aimlessly (Man is that place a cluster f*$# or WHAT?), I think a lot of toys are cute. And probably really neat. And I admit, I know my kids would love opening/receiving them. But then in less then a week, we'd be missing half the pieces and in two weeks, I'd be bagging them up to donate. Well, my plan went haywire. I'm afraid we overdid Christmas. Again.
2. I got an hour massage today. It was awesome. Apparently, I'm stressed and I didn't even know it. So says, my shoulders. I've decided that I am going to make a huge jug of cucumber water for my house, so that I can pretend I'm always at the spa. Even amongst the unruliness.
3. It's been raining so much lately. It's also really cold. Wet, freezing weather is the brewing of the perfect storm when you have children full of energy. Memo to self: you live in the age of technology. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND. YOUR VERY BEST FRIEND INDEED.
INDOOR ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS....they really do exist.
4. Alexander is at this really adorable stage lately. I love mostly everything he is doing these days (except waking up throughout the night like a newborn still, umm yeah). BUT MY FAVORITE....after bath, I take him upstairs all lotioned and jammied up (my euphoria). Smelling delicious I snuggle him in his rocker. We rock, I sometimes hum a little lullaby. He nurses and pats my collarbone, he looks at me and coyly grins. Then it happens. We begin to hear
5. I should really buy a highchair. We got rid of it after Max outgrew it. Highchairs are my very least favorite piece of baby equipment. They are bulky and obnoxious and oh, the crevices where food can be lodged. *gag* Most of our meals, look at little like this.
6. I burned a batch of bacon the other night, attempting this awesome new recipe we are calling eggy-toast-cups. I swear I can still smell it. I love all things bacon, allegedly. Minus the stench of a burnt batch.
7. I successfully wrapped all of the boys' (or is it boy's?) Christmas presents. *sigh of relief* I cannot wait for the excitement that will erupt in my living room on Christmas morning!!!
8. I'm still randomly finding stacks of Christmas cards. Already sealed in envelopes and addressed. They were just hidden or perhaps misplaced on their way out the door. Oops. So, here is it for the world to see.
|Christmas Card 2011 front|
|Christmas card 2011 back|
9. The piles of laundry are slowly dwindling. I think I only have
10. If there was any question who AQ looked like. The mystery has been solved.
SEND IN THE CLONE!!! I shall call him....Mini Me.