Monday, December 13, 2010

first haircut.

We did it. Finally. We cut Max's hair! It was so long and starting to get a little unruly. I'm not sure how many times he was referred to as a precious, little, "she"...seriously people he is decked out in boy clothing - are you THAT confused? Clearly they were. We were so close to making it to the 1.5 year mark with out a snip, but we had to for the sake of him being able to see.



He wasn't thrilled to say the least. He refused to wear the smock, which resulted in a sprinkling of baby curls on the floor throughout the day. The first snip made my heart skip a beat and then I was all good. I know I sound ridiculously dramatic. He was totally rocking the baby mullet - rocking it well if I might add.

There's something about the first real haircut. It's the token from babyhood to childhood. It was bittersweet, but definitely time. Most of the cut went a little something like this.




Though we got a few of these.


I now know lollipops, bubbles and perhaps straight jackets were created for first haircuts. This pretty much sums up our trip. Curls snipped and a hairy Dum Dum.


We made it out alive. With some curls intact! Before we started, I asked numerous times if she thought he'd lose all his curls when she started cutting. She was really hesitant and didn't want to offer false hope, but said most babies do lose a lot of it. After the cut the stylist said she thinks he'll keep his curls since so much was hacked off and they were still unscathed.



A flashback of Mason's first cut. What a little munchkin he was. And are they seriously siblings - because I don't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment