Wednesday, July 14, 2010

simple math.

Sleep regression + first black eye = it's been one hell of a week around here.

The injury:

It's not as bad as it looks in this lighting. What's really comical about this injury (well, not really but you know) is that when Michael asked him how he got it he mentioned something about being hit by mommy, Michael looked at me like I had five heads. Yes, I forgot to mention how I socked our three year old in the eye and it resulted in a black eye. Remember this is the kid who also says Max is telling him _____________ (insert something entirely crazy) or told his teachers he had a pet penguin. He also told me that he'd turn two years old one day again. Umm, probably not honey. So clearly this witness needs to be removed from the courthouse. He is no longer considered a credible source. I'm fairly certain it was a toy to the eye by the much smaller brother in the house in addition to a bad bug bite. Sorry Mase, no one is buying your sob story that your mother is mean.

On an entirely different tangent, aren't his eyelashes beautiful? I mean hello, that is SO ridiculously UNFAIR to the female population in this household. Share some with mama please.


As far as sleep regression goes, well basically it's a sad truth people forget to inform you of when your super excited your infant is FINALLY SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. Then they just stop. It's like sleep strike. And do you know what happens when your baby (or preschooler *sigh*) don't sleep. YOU DON'T SLEEP. It is now taking Maximo a good 40 minutes to even fall to sleep. What is the deal!? He was my dream sleeper. Now he's all about screaming until I come get him again. And last night for the first time in FOREVER I was up rocking him at 4 AM. I'll admit the snuggle time was extremely enjoyable, until I woke up an hour later with an aching back from a not so comfortable glider.

Guess what happened the minute Max went back in his crib? More hysterics. I'm sorry Maximo - I love you, to the moon & back....but Mama is not really capable of holding you all night long while you snooze peacefully. If I did I'm fairly sure the preceding mornings would not be extremely enjoyable.

The good news is the black eye is healed. And sleep regression is supposed to stop. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment