Friday, January 25, 2013

Create new post.

Create new post.
Dang, it's been a long time since I hit that button.
I miss writing.
It's an outlet, to just sit down and sigh, and recount some memories.
All the small stuff that we just happen to forget.
The stuff that makes good stories, but you can't remember.

I feel like I don't have anything to really blog about, because life has been so busy lately.
It's hectic.
Frazzled.
Kind of just flash flooding.
And I don't have an umbrella.
Which means I should have TONS to write about.

I was going to maybe write about Christmas or something that seemed substantial.
A milestone, an event, something big.
But I can't even remember Christmas.
SEE.
Lalallaa.

Max learned to ride his bike last week.
I have a mini anxiety attack every single time he hops on that bike and starts pedaling.
Fast. Way too fast.
 

He has no fear.
Me? I have enough for the both of us.
I want to wrap his tiny little body in bubble wrap.
He hasn't really mastered how to stop.
And by mastered, I mean he just plain cannot stop himself.
AT ALL.
Consequently, he's flying RIGHT IN TO curbs, his siblings and an occasional brick wall.
And also -- all our neighbors parked cars.
My neighbors hate me.

Mason came home the other day and informed me that a few kids got skateboards for Christmas.
Cue anxiety attack.
I can handle bikes, even fast bikes....maybe.
But skateboards?
COUNT ME OUT.
"You know mom, some of the moms take their kids to SKATE PARKS. I mean it's no big deal or anything, I'm just saying".
No big deal. Just sayin'.
AND MOM?
Hold the phone, when did I stop being Mommy?
WHO IS THIS KID AND WHEN DID HE TURN 15?

So, umm, yeah, we went to the skate park.


On scooters.
With helmets.
And a baby.


All of which, apparently do NOT belong at a skate park.
I felt like I was on a game show - which of these things is not like the other?
But NO BIG DEAL.
Because, not sure that's the crowd I want my kindergarten hanging with anyway.
The boys though, they loved it.
They watched in admiration as the big dudes did tricks.
While I chased a baby who nearly got run over by skateboarders eleventy billion times.
ANXIETY.

Alexander.
Oh, man.
Where do I even begin with this guy?
Lately, he just wants to get "cozy" and drink lots of "muck".
And CHEEEEEEEEEEEESEEEEEE.


He mastered a big milestone for this house.
Self defense.
Man, he's got a feisty little swing.
Another milestone this week - his first full sentence:  "Max. HIT. OWWW. NO NO MAX".
Sigh.

And sometimes they get along.


Oh.
How could I forget?
It's basketball season!
We once again are rocking the tiny J's.


Man, basketball babies (I can still call them babies right?) are the cutest.
And apparently, mine...well, he's pretty good.
Mase scored six baskets the first game.
After each one he was BEAMING.
When the game ended lots of high fives were doled out.
Later in the car, I told him how proud I was of him and what a kick ass game he had.
His response... "Man I know, I totally crushed those guys."
Modesty isn't his strong suit. :)


NO BIG DEAL.

So things are happening.
I'm still here.
The dudes are here.
And I'll try to BE HERE - bliggity bloggin - more...recounting these sweet, fleeting moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment