Thursday, August 18, 2011

Easter. In July.

As I was browsing old camera cards, I stumbled upon Easter pictures. That's right EASTER. I know, I know, it's July. I guess that just goes to show how chaotic my life was this past Easter. You know with adjusting to a new baby and having to keep two other children alive, fed, and bathed (okay, so we missed a lot of baths that month too).


This Easter was extra special, because it was our first holiday as a family of FIVE. Well, besides St. Patrick's' Day. Who celebrates that anyway? Plus it wasn't like I was being served any delicious green beer in the Labor & Delivery Unit, so we'll stick with Easter as the first holiday. Party of five, bunny style.


(So maybe a great picture of all of us isn't gonna happen this year. Or maybe ever.)

A family tradition on Easter is fried chicken. I have absolutely no idea when or how it started, but it is what it is. This year was no different. Except for the mounds of sushi. It's a new tradition. But fear not - fried chicken was still there. (I mean seriously is that enough soy sauce or WHAT?)


Picture recap - better late then never right? Right.



As you can see we ate chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. I thought Valentine's was going to be a holiday topper for Max with all the candy that comes with it. I somehow forgot or never realized that Easter has even more chocolate then Valentine's days.


AND PEEPS!
 

Those kids were some sweet, sticky messes after Easter. You better believe they got their baths that night. I *think*. Yeah, you're right, they probably didn't. But no one complained.




Mason did his best to find EVERY golden egg at EVERY egg hunt he participated in. He was so stoked. (Disclaimer: he was the oldest kid participating in this said egg hunt....but hey, he still found it!)

 

Mason got a beloved Slinky Dog - he was so excited that the crazy huge bunny he saw at the mall "read his dreams" and remembered this slinky dog.  A slinky dog and chocolate for breakfast. OH YES, YES,  AND CROCS. *insert happy dance* Forget Easter people, it was like Christmas over here.



As all holidays are with the munchkins, it was a busy day full of chaos and fun. Hopefully next Easter I'll remember to blog it sooner, unless of course, I'm busy cleaning sweet, sticky Peep fingers and snuggling chubby cheeks covered in melted chocolate that is. Priorities and all, you know?




Happy Easter. In JULY. (And now it's already August, whoops!)


No comments:

Post a Comment