Monday, July 11, 2011

July 4th.

I love the holidays. My family makes the holidays that much more incredible. Having kids makes it infinitely more exciting. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that like forty times on this very blog, but I'm laying it out there once again.

As most of our summer, we spent this holiday lakeside. We attempted to withstand the heat by consuming fried food and margaritas. Surprisingly, it worked. The firework show didn't start until about 9:30, which was approximately three hours past bedtime. Which was a joy for us all.

It was totally worth it.

Alexander even watched, then fell fast asleep, even amongst the craziness. I thought the loud noise may bother him. Then I remembered that he lives with Mason. And Max. So, basically the fireworks were like a lullaby. That's right, the baby-whom-never-sleeps, slept through fireworks. Ironic.

And what is a summer holiday without some soft serve? Seriously.




I can't wait for many more Fourth's spent up at the lake. Devouring ice cream and staying up way past bedtime. I get all warm and fuzzy just thinking about the memories we are making.

No comments:

Post a Comment