Tuesday, April 12, 2011

easter bunny [2011].

So last year, I kind of promised myself I wouldn't attempt an Easter bunny picture. Not because the kids reacted badly - last year they were all smiles, giddy and sat patiently while I snapped a few good pictures. Max was only about 10 months old, so basically wherever he was sat he stayed. This year, well, to put it mildly NOT SO MUCH. 


I should have expected it after his Santa 2010 fiasco. Max is definitely not a fan of the holiday idols. I guess the idea of a giant bunny is a little frightening. Or maybe it's that whack ass smile all wiped across his face. What the hell could possibly be so funny, to a bunny??

Perhaps what is SO funny is this spectacle.


Exhibit A -My children sans "banchee"... I mean, Max.



Exhibit B- Mason and his death grip/choke hold on Max. I did ask him to hold his brother tight. Can you SEE the intensity in that kid's eyes? He took me very, very seriously.


Exhibit C - Max. Just all of it. His reaction to the bunny was pretty hysterical, but I especially love how he's looking AT the bunny, while screamign and reaching for, well anyone else who would take him probably. And that wild, mop of hair. Yeah, he's pretty awesome.


Exhibit D - Alexander slept through it all. I need an Easter bunny material blanket, because home slice is NOT sleeping like that in my house. It almost makes me want to hop in his lap, scoop up my baby and fall asleep snuggling his delicious little self.

But, really I am so glad we went. I'd rather have a picture like this - a real memory then them all fake smiling, sitting patiently. Because that's not how we roll these days, ever. And there I am laughing, but probably really frustrated just wanting Max to sit still for ONE. SECOND. OF THE DAY, really wanting to get a cute, nice picture to show off. But, as usual my plan failed. This is REAL. A real memory.  That is keeping me laughing daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment