Monday, November 29, 2010

masonisms.

Some of these aren't that funny. They just mark the thoughts of a curious, sweet, innocent, adorable, sometimes rowdy 3 year old - who's edging eerily close to turning four.

  • "The letter of the day is F mommy. Like for feathers and fam-awee, oh, and cheez-its." The kid loves cheez its and I think this was his way of wanting to celebrate letter F with some cheddar deliciousness.
  • "Tonight I'm going to dream about you mommy". As I was taking in the sweetness, he added "...and pumpkins and ALLIGATORS!!". So maybe I'm not the only thing he thinks about..
  • Over Halloween weekend. "Mommy that's a lot of candy. If you eat more of my candy your teeth will fall out!" [said with confidence and a little anger]. That's silly who told you that Mase. "You did Mommy!". Busted. Step away from the Snickers, mama.
  • We went to eat burgers and I snuck chicken fingers on the menu for the boys to share. Somewhere mid meal Mason realized I had a burger and he said "Hey that's what I shoulda got! You tricked me". I tricked you indeed. "Hey, Mommy, you know what? Sharing is caring. And that rhymes". Mason - 1 Mommy - 0. For the record, I did share my burger. As hard as that is to believe.
  • To almost anything we say these days regarding bath, bed, dinnertime. "Mommy/Daddy, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" No I am not kidding, you do have to eat your corn, take a bath and go to bed before 3:30 AM. Sorry kiddo.
He's growing up in to quite the little talker. He has more wit and sarcasm in his 3 foot body than most people have in their entire LIFE. He's a keeper. More Mason-isms to come, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment