Wednesday, October 13, 2010

writing.

This year at school Mason's started to learn more alphabet recognition, uppercase versus lowercase letters, a little spelling and he has even begun to write letters. I don't know if I was just confused but I swore we wouldn't be writing until kindergarten. Needless to say we're all really excited about it! Mason is captivated with writing and drinks up all the instruction like a little sponge.

The other night he laid sprawled on the living room rug with Michael and wrote all the letters he could get Michael to show him. At first I thought it was bedtime trickery since it was pushing 8:00 PM. But he genuinely asked for "more letters pwease" over and over and over. Until we reached "k" and then we had to force him to bed.


He's practically mastered his name, although we swear were were not trying to be unique, creative or new-aged by spelling Mason with a "z", that's his own tasteful artistic touch on his masterpiece. Trust me, I realize the immense level of my biases for how awesome I truly believe my kids are, but how kick ass is his writing for THREE YEARS OLD? Brag over.


We are learning, writing, and full of curiosity. As bittersweet as each milestone seems to be, I love watching him continue to push the limits of his potential and grow (even if it's faster than I approve of). Go Mase man go!

1 comment: