Saturday, October 2, 2010

we've got the blues!

The baby BOY blues. We snuck out for an elective 3d/4d ultrasound to get a peek at love nugget's gender. Surprise (or not so much) it's another boy. I told myself I wouldn't be surprised if we found out it was a third boy, because it makes sense that it would be another boy and not a girl if you think about it. I'm not sure how reproductive odds really work, but they are a little skewed from 50/50 in my case. Clearly.

Nuggey had something to share. Lo and behold, here he showed us that mommy's intuition...sucked. All the morning sickness and other wives tales that indicated girl were way off. Nuggey showing us his trickster side already.


We are all so excited. Actually Max has no clue what's going on, I don't think he will ever know what hit him come March. And actually Mason was a little bummed. I told him that our new baby was a boy baby, in my most excited, convincing voice. He looked at me genuinely confused and told me that "Maybe we could send it back. Because that's too much boy babies". Ummm, maybe. If the stork wants to send us his exchange policy Mase. So I guess Michael and I were the excited ones. These brothers of nuggey's will come around. One day they'll be so thankful there is no teenage girl residing in their house to contend with.


So there you have it. Final score boys- 3, girls- 0. I'm outnumbered, again. I was officially outnumbered when we found out Max was a boy, so this puts us to the point of no return! Three little munchkins, three little boys, three little MEN. I don't know what concept is harder to grasp - another baby or another boy!

I can't wait to meet you, nuggey and smell your sweet newborn head and kiss your soft little hands and snuggle you at all hours of the night. The newest baby boy and I think you'll fit right in. See you soon nuggey. In the meantime, enjoy all the calories I'm sending your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment