Tuesday, October 5, 2010

shining through.

Personality is the first trait that I envision when I find out another baby is joining our family, but often the last to surface. Admittingly I spend many months wondering "who will this little muffin look like?" Yet upon meeting, you instantly get to see who's nose they got, what color hair and eyes they ended up with and if they unfortunately got stuck with your fat feet or not. But personality stays at bay months on end. You often get a tiny glimpse in to their personality the whole first year, between the frequency of smiles versus tantrums.

Max your personality is finally shining through in big ways. It's been long awaited since I first met you and saw your deep, dark eyes and your chubby little feet (sorry about those by the way, it's all mama's doing). You looked so different than I pictured you, so far from what I imagined, you were even better. Suddenly, I knew the same would go for your personality. And I was right - it's better than I could have ever dreamt. Through hopes and dreams and high anticipation you beat all the expectations I ever conceived.

I could write you a letter telling you all of your accomplishments and which milestones your hitting, but that is so routine. We know you love bananas and clapping and balls and can "woof". We know you hate your carseat and bathtime. But I want to let you know the joy of your disposition.


You are a boy's boy. You walk outside and the minute the air touches your face, you light up. Dirt, sticks, splashing in water and skinning your knees all take precendence over being read and sang to. You shine brightest when outside. Even if your shorts get damp or your hands are stained with mud you never whimper, not even a whisper of discontent. Anger and sadness are not your forte. Deep belly laughing and remaining easy going despite any obstacles are your specialities. Your nature is what makes you so special to me, because you are like no one else I know. You are unique in this way that I can't fully grasp because it is so far from me that sometmies I question how I could essentially create someone as exceptional, extraordinary and remarkable as you.

You are a smiler and your smile is full of teeth and emotion. You love so deeply, so affectionately, so openly. You hug with the strength of multiple grown men, possessing so much strength in such a small being. See, size really doesn't matter. You are this tiny little guy with undiluted, simple and pure, joy for everything, each and every moment of your day you shine. Your smile shines like your personality - blazing vividly, a lustrous beam, a radiant sheen.

You my dear assuredly have incredible potential, with character like yours the world is at your fingertips. You love unconditionally, smile from your heart, you warm a room immediately when you laugh, you make everyday better. You are so unique and I love you so much - every bit of you that is so foreign from me. This personality you've got is starting to shine and baby boy, somethings telling me that your little light is pronounced and bold; your little light will never burn out.

Keep shining sweet Max in all that you do and all that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment