Wednesday, August 18, 2010

more mason-isms,

Summer means a lot of things. One thing it's meant this summer is eating out. In January I vowed to cook more meals at home for the four of us. Between morning sickness (which is a new world for me and not fun in the least) and the heat and the busy schedules and Michael being in and out of town, we've resorted to some quick pick ups. Chic Fil A might be our favorite. The nuggets are delicious, a lot of nights they do the kids eat free, and of course there is a playground. I have only a few choices on where to eat out - they all have a play scape, sandbox or huge field for kids to run wild in. Trust me other wise it's not pretty.

  • Mason: "Mommy I love when we eat here."
  • Me: "It is really yummy and fun, huh? I think Max loves it too" (Max scarfing down nuggets and soft serve shrieking in joy while clapping)
  • Mason: "He does love it. We both do. We think you are the best cook ever when you cook us Chic Fil A".
Well I suppose once again my cooking skills are outed. Mason's favorite meals I make him are Chic Fil A and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Awesome. I suppose I need to up my game in the kitchen this Fall.

Masonism 2 took place at a hair salon. Mason's hair grows so quick. It's super cute and shaggy, but it's as straight as a board. Which leads to bangs in his eyes and sometimes a scraggly little mullet-ish 'do. We had his bangs trimmed just so he wasn't complaining in the pool. It turned in to a funky bowl cut. I sported the bowl cut all through elementary school and promised myself I'd never allow my children that hair cut. Ever. So we went to have it shortened up for back to school. I told the lady I really wanted it short but just not buzzed. She didn't take out her clippers and spent an eternity trimming it with scissors. Thirty minutes (and 4 dum dums later) it looked the same, but just a shorter bowl. We compromised, she busted out some clippers and he got a short hairdo. He was closely examining his cut from his McQueen car chair. He looked kind of perplexed.

  • Mason: "Ummm, I think maybe we should fix the top with some spikes on it, mmkay?"
  • Salon Lady: A little confused. "Umm if that's okay with your mommy?"
  • Mason: "My mommy loves spikes. It's okay. Let's do it"

Well, we totally DID it. Spikes is back. And he loves his spikes. He won't let me turn the car A/C on because "It will make my spikes flat". Umm, it's August and 100 degrees Mason, I don't think your spikes will mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment