Thursday, July 29, 2010

breakfast.

Max is an eater. He'll eat basically anything. I think the exceptions are watermelon, tomatoes and occasionally broccoli. But his favorite meal is breakfast. He loves waffles, pancakes, toasts, raisins, every fruit, dry cereal, oatmeal, eggs, YOU NAME IT.He's very in to meal time. He gets all giddy and shows me his big toothy grin and eats until I'm afraid he's going to puke. The minute he is done, he is DONE. He'll start slinging food every which way, directly on the floor and fling his placemat off the table. It's a lot of fun ;)Lately we introduced him to yogurt. Hello messy fun. Hello thrilled one year old. Everytime I clean him up after breakfast (and my table, floor, couch, anything withing a 50 ft radius of destruct-o eater) I say to myself "STOP BUYING YOGURT". But his enjoyment is too great.
I busted out an old Mason favorite oatmeal mixed with cereal. That concoction is just screaming big sticky mess. Mason must have been a dainty eater because it wasn't ever messy. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he hated eating with his hands. Whereas Max holds the fork in one hand and shovels food in to his mouth with his free hand. It's pretty cute. I'm not sure if he doesn't get it or is just trying to be more efficient. Whatever he's doing, it's working.
When the sticky deliciousness was gone he picked up the bowl and looked in to it like that's it? This isn't never ending oatmeal goodness mom? Sorry Max, this is not Chili's we don't serve bottomless appetizers or margaritas (most days). He took straight to his usual - throwing and slinging the tiny tid bits of left over blueberries and toast and with an enraged grunt tossed the placemat to the floor. But this time I didn't grumble "STOP BUYING YOGURT". Instead, I made it for Sunday's breakfast too.
Breakfast is a hit in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment