Monday, June 14, 2010

slacking.

I am super slacking on my blog. I'm so sorry - to myself. One of my main goals this year was to keep up with my blog. For the boys, for family, but really for myself. I really, really want to remember every little thing the boys are doing in detail. All the snuggles, the laughs, hell even the midday tantrums that having me wishing my childbearing days were over (though let's be honest who doesn't want to kiss newborn skin again?!?).


I am vowing myself back to blog world...if for no one else then myself. Because if were being honest (again) this blog is all for me...to remember and cherish these days when sometime in the near future I'm wishing for 3 o clock meltdowns, a pathway of crushed goldfish crackers under my feet. Would it be crazy to think I'll miss the insane amount of laundry as well? Perhaps the laundry just doubles with age.


And what better to end a promising post than a picture of jammied "babies". Because let's be honest (one last time) they aren't little babies anymore, right? Or are they? Because sometimes at night I want to scoop my firstborn up (baby or NOT) and snuggle the hell out of him. And even though he doesn't have the novelty of newborn skin smell - he smells like something much better - he smells just like himself. So cheers to better blogging. Cheers to my babies. Or big kids or whatever the hell they are - one thing I know is they are MINE and in this picture...well they smelled sweeter than newborns. They smelled like sweet, sweet baby shampoo ready for
snuggling.

And let's be honest (I know, overkill...really) but if you think you know what is cuter than matching jammies, please don't tell me, because I love thinking it's probably (read: definitely) the cutest thing I've ever seen on this planet. Goodnight BABIES. Because honestly, that's what you'll ALWAYS be to this mama, my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment