Wednesday, April 21, 2010

fruit loop tyrant.



Main entry: ty-rant.
Pronunciation: \ˈtī-rənt\
Function: noun
Definition: an absolute ruler unrestrained by law; a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively.

This morning I had a little battle of the wills with my always sweet, almost ten month old ball of sunshine (and stubbornness). This kid will not eat if he cannot feed himself. He has now successfully mastered the graceful pincher grasp way of eating and moved on to fist full shoveling manner of cavemen dining. First of all I should have known better with all my motherly wisdom than to offer sugared rings of greatness, often referred to by the general population as Fruit Loops, before offering eggs...or cantaloupe...or peach slush (or puree, whatever you call it).Max was absolutely pissed when I took away the rest of the loops away to offer him something, hmm, oh I don't know...nutritious, slightly balanced and not part of his complete breakfast. Totally unrestrained by law, I had no say as he shrieked unpleasantly and upset the general population's (Mason) peaceful breakfast, causing more rage. All my egg bribing success was shot when Mason saw Max win what I like to call, mom-gives-in-if-I-just-keep-screeching battle. Total uprising at 8:00 in our house this AM. My children overthrew the communist leader, they often refer to as Mommy. The new leader was a hit, leading his first successful breakfast type strike. The leader was Maximo, my little fruit loop tyrant.He ruled oppressively with absolute power.
You better believe the whole house dined on Fruit Loops for breakfast. Happily ever after.

1 comment: