Monday, August 22, 2011

back to school.

It's that time of year.

The end of August brings routine. The familiarity of backpacks, lunchboxes,

We are back to school.


Mason is Pre - K this year. He is SUPER EXCITED. His friends from the Old 3's class have pretty much all returned to his class. His teachers are sweeter then pie. We're all really excited to be back on a schedule. A familiar, daily schedule that keeps us all a little more sane.


 
 
 

After dropping Mason off today, Max and I got to hang. He's going to school too, but his schedule will just be two days a week. So lucky for him, he's got time with mama alone (well, you know AQ is our sidekick as well). Most common phrase of the day: "Bruber at SCHOOOOOO" - to basically, anyone with an ear. Yes Max, your brother is at school.   

(Of course, he wanted HIS picture too!)

So excited to watch our big guy foster his love of reading, writing, and learning. We can't wait to see you explore your world more and more this year Mason! We hope you're school year is full of fun.

I wanted to share this little letter I wrote to you for your first day. I know it's just preschool. Really, I do. But preschool is kind of a big deal. It's the beginning of your whole education - it's going to form the mold of who you are.

Mason,
As you venture back to school I want you to remember some important things. Not just to wash your hands or be careful on the playground. Those things are important too. I want you to remember more than that. More than picking up your trash after art class, more then raising your hand. More than sitting still and following directions. I want you to remember what is really important about school. I know, you're always having to follow my rules and listen to my words. I know it can be really tough, being so little and having to remember so much. But listen closely, I want you to know this. To take it to heart. I mean it from the bottom of my mama heart.

Remember to be curious. Remember to read as many books as you can. Always listen to your teachers. Don't be afraid to ask questions, to stand up to bullies, to make friends with people who look or act different then you. Remember that school is your only job. Remember that school should be challenging, but also enjoyed. Savor nap time. Use your imagination. When you feel silly, laugh. Hug your friends, be respectful, don't forget to say please & thank you. If you forget everything else, please remember to try your hardest. Please remember that we are thinking of you every minute of the day that you aren't with us, hoping and praying you are relishing these moments and thriving.

Xoxo,
Mama


Oh - and Max's first day was supposed to be tomorrow. But that one. Oh that one. The little nugget indeed isn't  feeling well. Pulling a Ferris Bueller already. Bueller.....bueller....? Here's to a healthy (after this week??) and happy school year for both my big, but still tiny boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment