Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's March!

Me: "Mason today is March 1st. Yay! Do you know what this means?"
(implying this is the month the baby will be here - thinking excitement will ensue in full force)
Mason: "Yes. We can wear Crocs everyday now. It's time for Crocs. March is for Crocs."
Me: "Ummm...yes, Crocs. And your new baby brother's birthday will be this month too! Isn't that exciting?"
Mason: "Yup. Better get him some Crocs though".


Awesome. I never thought I'd buy in to the Croc frenzy. I really never liked the way Crocs looked on anyone, but if parents liked Crocs for their kids and themselves so be it. However, so long as I had the power to choose my children's wardrobes I wouldn't dare buy a pair of them, especially not a real pair that was $22.00. Yeah, right. Then Mason saw a pair while running an errand - he must have been just two years old. They were Lighting McQueen Crocs. If there was anything worse than Crocs, it was licensed character Crocs. He loved them and I love him, so I bought them.

It's been all downhill since. We now have a rainbow of Crocs. Mason has them in almost every color, they are one pair of shoes Max doesn't fight tooth and nail to get on, they are a prized possession in this house. So happy March people, it's Croc season.

No comments:

Post a Comment