Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Four.

Mason,

   Oh my sweet little Mase. Today you turn four years old. Your face has said it's goodbyes to any hint of baby. All things toddler are out the window. Your voice holds on tightly to its raspy edge, but maybe that's got nothing to do with your age, maybe that's just you. That you you are is so wonderful too.

You are still full of spunk, liveliness, yet you've yet to outgrow your timidness. When I was little I was shy too and I still am, you get that from me. You get lots of qualities from me. And from your dad. But I think we get the best things from YOU. You've given us a lifetime of joy in just four years. My stomach hurts almost daily from laughing so hard at your wit. Your curiosity and cleverness amaze me. Your smile melts my whole world. Your hands still feel as soft as they did when I touched them for the first time. Your cheeks do too, but each year a little bit of their chubbiness has disappeared. This year it's all gone. Those once chubby cheeks are now slender and chiseled, the face of a boy. A happy, charismatic, lovely little boy.


You might be four and the biggest brother we have, but you still love a sweet kiss to your forehead. Yes, you're growing up and sleeping all alone in a big boy bed, but you would trade it for cuddling between my arms any night of the week. You can swing from monkey bar to monkey bar and scale up any playground structure with ease, but you still enjoy a bubble bath. I'm trying to breathe you in and enjoy every tender moment you give me - each kiss you don't make me steal, each hug you generously give, each cry for Mommy, each moment your hand slips in to mine. Because I know that any day now you may think your too big for those things. I love your innocence. I love your youthfulness. I love all the moments you give that acknowledge your growing, but not fully grown.

Four years really isn't a long time you know? It goes by just like the snap of two fingers. But four years is enough time to have totally won me over. You are mine, I am yours, forever.

I hope your birthday is filled with laughter and bliss. I hope your day is magical and charming.  I hope that your whole year brings you the comfort, joy and satisfaction you bring me every minute of everyday. I hope you stay as sweet as that donut you ate for breakfast. But most of all, I hope that you stay, wonderful you.



Happy birthday baby boy.

Loving you more than a million sprinkles,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment