Thursday, December 23, 2010

preschool programs

I'm really not sure when my little man became old enough to have a school program, but I guess he did. Somewhere along the last twelve months my baby converted in to a preschooler. Right before my very eyes. This transformation can be proven when looking back at last year's photo albums, catching a glimpse of a snapshot hanging on the wall and most of all when watching an old video. He's grown up in to a big, but ever so little man. My three, "but almost four year old" as he constantly reminds me, marked off another checkpoint of growing up. The first school program. And he rocked it, if I do say so myself.


The children filed in class after class and sat in the church pews in front of us. As soon as I spotted Mason my heart filled with pride and a smile crept across my face involuntarily. He was dressed in his most festive attire, a Santa shirt and a Santa hat. Ready to sing the songs he'd practiced so studiously.


At last, his class took the stage. He was front and center. His bright eyes began to scour the sea of people and recording devices, he was searching for a familiar face.


And then, he found it. There we were.


He had spotted Mommy and Daddy, eyes bright, smiling back, ear to ear. I'm not sure who was more excited, Mason or us. I'm betting we win that one though. I wanted to run out mid song and hug him, shake him and shout to the audience "HE IS MINE. ISN'T HE WONDERFUL? LOOK AT HIS SMILE. CAN YOU HEAR HIS SWEET VOICE? HE KNOWS ALL THE WORDS AND HE'S SO SHY BUT HE'S UP THERE - GIVING IT HIS ALL AND SMILING AND FULL OF PRIDE, JOY AND HAPPINESS. AND HE'S MINE. MINE. MINE. CAN YOU BELIEVE I MADE HIM. ME. THE BEST THING I'VE EVER DONE. I'M NOT SHARING HIM OR HIS SWEET SMILING CHEEKS EITHER PEOPLE!!" I resisted that urge. But seriously, in that very moment my heart wanted to burst. Full of happiness. Full of pride. Joy. Full of love for this sweet preschool nugget, that is all mine.


The concert ended and we snapped a few more pictures. We headed out for a celebratory dinner. Celebrating awesomeness and our first school program under our belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment