Friday, December 24, 2010

It's done.

Well, I did it. The long awaited graduation ceremony has come and gone. What a rush. I had so many family members there to cheer me on, a true sign at how supported I've been all along this journey.The months quickly turned to weeks and the weeks to days. This semester moved quickly and though there were minor obstacles to overcome weekly and in every course, there was no barrier stopping me now.I still cannot believe it actually happened. I remember applying for graduation and receiving notification from my adviser that it looked promising, all my credits were lined up and in the computer. My diploma requirements were complete and upon passing the final credits of the semester, I'd be done. For real. All done. I still felt hesitant even after ordering announcements and picking up commencement tickets from the dean's office. I knew that at any moment a pesky email would arrive in my inbox stating that there had been some clerical error and I wasn't qualified or ready to graduate.

That e-mail, well it never happened. But graduation, well it did. Six hundred names in, mine was called. As I heard it read aloud, I could do nothing but smile. And walk to shake hands with whoever was on stage, grab the diploma and smile bigger. Just like that, it happened. Just like that, I'm done with college. I don't know what happens next or where I'd like to go from here. But for now I'm still smiling, still thinking "Wow, I did it. For real" and still so thankful for the opportunity and support all along.



Did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment