Friday, September 10, 2010

when life gives you lemons

You make lemonade right? So what do we do when the forecast brings on loads of rain? We play it in it. Obviously.


Playing in the rain is more fun than you can imagine. I even enjoyed the freeing experience this past Tuesday as well. It'd been pouring for nearly twenty-four hours and we even had some flash flood warnings and street closures in the area.

So Max and I went and scooped Mason up an hour early from school, rushed home, got our rain boots on (and our pants off...?) and puddled jumped, splashed around, and ran in the rain.
Don't you love their fashion? Okay, the headband was my doing, but the humidity and the rain combined made for stringy face bangs that Max detested. He much preferred my headband. Mason's lovely ensemble on the other hand is totally his doing. As we put on his boots he informed me that he could NOT play in the rain wearing shorts. I thought he wanted pants - but by the time I'd gotten some he already had his boots and umbrella ready by the door. I didn't have the heart to force any bottoms on him.


If were breaking teh rules and playing in the rain - heck we may as well break some fashion rules right? Fashion faux-pas # 1 - Crocs + headband. Faux-pas # 2 - Rainboots + boxer briefs. Although I have to admit I think Mason looks pretty cute. I mean he is just 3 and if undies and rainboots aren't what being three is all about then life is not fun.


We splashed for nearly 30 minutes before I thought hey, maybe these kids need to warm up. So we went inside for a warm bubble bath and snuggled up in bed for an afternoon of watching Monsters Inc. It was a lovely afternoon, even though the forecast tried to rain on our parade.


When the forecast shows rain, put on your boots and get out there for some splashin'! Don't forget your shark boxers.

No comments:

Post a Comment