Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day.

Whether or not these outfits are frilly or not - is not up for debate - they are a little frilly, sure, but they're even more adorable than newborn toes. Okay, I got a little carried away, they are pretty damn cute though. Admit it.Mason probably won't ever be bribed in to a one piece outfit again. Rightfully so, I know I pushed it by squeezing him in to this outfit as it was. But it was a nice treat for Mother's Day. My fourth Mother's Day - what a nice day it was! We celebrated with a delicious brunch, where we drank too many mimosas, ate too much food and even put sprinkles on our waffles. We get wild like that.
The boys even let me nap and Michael got me roses. Well, umm the boys did, Michael just paid for them. After a morning jog, I walked in to a naked, freshly bathed Maximo with a balloon around his chubby belly, oh happy mother's day to me. I mean the balloon was wonderful and tied to one of the two cutest kids I know, that was a plus...but the bathed baby was the best! Half way to the getting-the-boys-dressed battle. We were only fifteen minutes late to brunch. Boo yah! It was miraculous.Michael and I were having a conversation and he somewhere interjected "Happy Mother's Day babe". Mason quickly copied him and after wishing me a joyous mothers day he continued to wish his father and his baby brother a Happy Mother's Day too. We don't discriminate in this house, happy mother's day to all, even the dad's. He'll get it one day.I had a great day. I'm so thankful to be a mother and have a wonderful mother of my own. I can't believe this was my fourth Mother's Day. That's almost a whole hand. Time is flying - a little too quickly. I can't wait to celebrate again next year and everyday all year with the boys. Celebrating the big things and especially the little. The two little bitty's - why I got to celebrate mother's day - again.

No comments:

Post a Comment